photo BTHCKkkk_zpsbfd51d19.jpg

Thursday, January 15, 2015

♢BEHIND THE HANDCRAFTER♢

Hannah Busekrus (Hanasaurusrex)



Happy New Year lovely readers! This week the talented american Graphic Designer/knitter and goodies maker, Hannah Busekrus, Would put you in "Crocheting-mood"


What you do? and When did it started your passion for what you do?

H: I design micro crochet, amigurumi and knit objects, toys, fashions and jewelry.

I started crocheting when I was young, and then, about 5 years ago, I learned to knit. I was working as a graphic designer, but tired of only creating on the computer. I started to see how fiber arts could bring my graphic characters and ideas to life in a tangible way. I love being able to use my imagination in all that I do.



What is your favorite handcrafted piece and why?

H: My favorite handcrafted piece has to be the two 10 foot mermaid columns I hand knit and crocheted for PowWow Hawaii last year. It was an epic endeavor.







Describe the most exciting moment when starting a new Project?

H: The thrill of brainstorming a new project is most exciting for me… all the possibilities!










Something that can never run out in your workspace.

H: Oh my... yarn, definitely!









Lastly, What would you like to say to your fellow "handcrafters" in the world that want to share their work but still don't feel comfortable about it.

H: Take the leap! Just do it. I am still having to take that same advice myself, even after sharing many projects with the world. It’s going to be scary, putting yourself out there for the world. But if you don’t, you may wind up regretting it, which, in my mind, is much worse than being criticized or unnoticed…. or whatever you are afraid may happen. Be brave.. you’re amazing, and you will succeed if you keep putting yourself out there.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank you for the lovely feature!!! XOXO Happy New Year to you too ;D

    ReplyDelete